Christ Church’s grounds sit at the northeast corner of Mulberry and East Third Streets in Madison. The church building is in a Gothic Revival style, completed in 1850. Its nave can accommodate several hundred churchgoers. A recently added columbarium is attached on the south, or garden side, of the church.
Next to it, on the corner, is the rectory, a Federal-style house built around 1842, and, until a few years ago, the home of the rector.
Sitting to the east of the church is the Great Hall and, beyond that, a garage. The Great Hall was originally constructed in the 1830s, but had considerable additions built in the 1960s and 1970s.
These buildings – Church, Great Hall, and Rectory – form three sides of a square, facing Mulberry Street, in the middle of which is a pleasant garden, an attraction several times on the Madison in Bloom Garden Tour. The garden is open to the public during daylight hours year-round. We hope to install a small labyrinth in the coming year.